If you were one of the many small business owners up in arms when lawmakers slipped into the 2010 health care bill a rule requiring all businesses to file 1099 forms for payments to vendors of $600 or more, you may soon have reason to celebrate. Yesterday, Congress passed a repeal of that rule, and President Obama is expected to sign it.
About This Blog
- Nolo’s Small Business Legal Blog
- Nolo's Bankruptcy & Foreclosure Blog
- Dear Rich: Nolo's Patent, Copyright & Trademark Blog
- Nolo's Fundraising Tips for Busy Nonprofits
- Queer Justice: Nolo's LGBT Law Blog
- The Rap Sheet: Nolo's Criminal Law Blog
- The Sharing Solution Blog
- Nolo's Legal Marketing Blawg
- Nolo's Employment Law Blog
- Retire Happy
- Nolo's Real Estate Advice for Home Buyers & Sellers
- Nolo's Divorce, Custody & Family Law Blog
- Ask Liza: Everyday Estate Planning
- Nolo's Personal Injury Blog
- Nolo's Tax Law Tips
- What Price Justice?
- Nolo's Lawyer Blog
- LLC & Corporation Small Talk
- The Law Reform Soapbox
- Legal Humor Blog
Save Your Small Business
By Attorney Ralph Warner & Bethany K. Laurence, J.D.
May 10, 2011 Secrets of Chinese Business Owners' Success Unless you've been living in a cave for the past few months, you've probably heard...
May 4, 2011 Woman-owned Businesses: Uncle Sam Wants You If your small business is woman-owned, the federal government wants to do business with you....
May 3, 2011 7th Annual SF Small Business Week The 7th annual San Francisco Small Business Week is scheduled for May 16th through 21st....
May 2, 2011 Managing Your Social Media Presence on the Internet Small businesses used to market primarily through print ads in newspapers, radio, and the spoken...
April 27, 2011 "Disability" Under ADA to Cover More Workers Does your small business employ individuals who are disabled within the meaning of the Americans...
April 12, 2011 Calling all Women Entrepreneurs If you're an outstanding female entrepreneur, Ernst & Young is looking for you. The consulting...
- Alternative Financing for Small Businesses (8)
- Closing a Small Business (2)
- Cutting Costs (9)
- Innovating & Making a Profit (9)
- LLCs (Limited Liability Companies) (3)
- Laws Affecting Small Business (14)
- Running Your Business (13)
- Saving a Troubled Business (6)
- Small Business Taxes (31)
- Types of Businesses (1)